Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sketchbookin'.....

First, I got my comments working again!  I can communicate with you folks!
When I was in San Diego I went to the DickBlick artstore (before the convention started so the still were stocked!) and bought a sketckbook to try out it's named "Strathmore Visual Journal".  It's only 3.5"x5"  
but it was only $1.50!



 Below is a study from Bill Presig.
It's filled with 56 sheets of 100lb. smooth Bristol and it's great for inking, watercolor & acrylics.  

Then while I was at a local school for an art council meeting, I sketched the other council members.
I try not to be seen doing it, because it might seem rude not paying attention, or the subjects get self conscious!



I hope life stays calm so I can work on the new YETS! book.

4 comments:

  1. The big question is. . .how did you keep your bottle of ink hidden from the council members? :)

    Mike, even your smallest sketches are HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve, I used a Pentel brush pen, they are great to use on location, though the ink isn't waterproof.
    It looks like a regular pen. You'll see them a lot at conventions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so long since I used a brush pen, I forgot they existed. How old is that!

    Your work is so polished Mike. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how long the pens have been around.

    Sakura, the makers of the "Micron" pens also make a cheaper, disposable, brush pen and that's good to buy and just play with to get used to using a brush again.

    ReplyDelete